Thursday, December 27, 2007
My last few months in a nutshell:
- Dr. tells me I might need brain surgery, I prepare to die.
- A month later it's confirmed I'm ok, no brain surgery needed. Breathe deep sigh of relief.
- Sarah dies and I am just utterly incapable of dealing with loss.
- I stay up until 4:30am working on freelance project and become incredibly sleep-deprived and stressed out.
- Catch flu.
- Look for best childhood friend on Internet and find her gravestone.
- Spin into images of Allison young and happy, playing the "now" game ("just think right now I don't know what will happen in 5 minutes!"). Realize with deep sadness that as 8 yr olds we didn't know she would die too young.
- Cry. a lot.
Am finally feeling better but man, these past few months really taxed me.
spleened by me at 10:58 PM