Wednesday, February 13, 2008

-- thwarted from voting by the ice lord

I tried so hard to get to the polls in time. I left work and found my car completely covered in ice from an impromptu ice storm and my scraper -- the only one I owned -- had utterly vanished. I started clawing away at the ice using the only other thing I could find -- a can of "tuff stuff" upholstery cleaner, but it just wasn't working. So there I was, sprinting across the icy parking lot in slippery fashion boots flagging down the only other person I could see exiting the building. Thank goodness they had an ice scraper. But between how long it took to de-ice my car and the slow, careful ride home, I missed my chance to vote.

sigh.


This pic isn't me but I sure felt like this. Pic from BBC.

No comments:

Recent Posts