Friday, March 28, 2008

-- crazy Friday

I had this intense craving for hot & sour soup at lunch and rushed out to buy some when I realized I couldn't find my wallet. This worried me because now I didn't know where it was -- did I leave it at home? Was it stolen? I couldn't do anything about it missing and was halfway to the restaurant so instead I just scoured the car for change. I found $6 thinking "oh cool, I can get a really nice lunch with this. Soup and even something extra for dinner."

Then I glanced at my dashboard and realized I was on "E" -- no gas. Actually it was below "E."

I pulled into a gas station and divided my $6 up so that I could buy 1 gallon for $3.25.

Here, for your enjoyment, is proof of the first time ever that I bought 0.998 gallons of gas. You know, even after I bought one gallon, which gives me about 30 miles, the needle was only a little below E? I must have been riding on fumes, only a short distance from completely running out!

No comments:

Recent Posts