Monday, March 31, 2008

-- transition period


It has been difficult to admit this to myself but I am going to have to change the way I am doing things with my freelancing. I have been fantasizing about it for a while but I really love the independence of running the whole show -- the challenge of learning new things, the creativity, the sense of accomplishment -- but the schedule I'm trying to keep is killing me. My Dad was a business owner, running a biz is in my blood. I can't completely give it up.

Nobody owns me if I own myself.

I like having one foot in both worlds, the world of the employee and the employer. The latter is much more stressful but also exciting. But the excitement is going to kill me if I keep this up.

More on this later as I have to finish up that website that is launching tonight.

Image from Forwardmoving.com

No comments:

Recent Posts