Tuesday, April 1, 2008

-- The dog's bladder, working overtime


So the dog is on meds (from the toe injury) which make him suck down water like a shopvac. Thus he has to pee more frequently. The vet warned us about this. But the vet did not warn us about last night.

We let him out at midnight and settled into bed. I continued working on my bloodsucking web project until about 2am and gave him one more chance to go out. 3:30 AM he woke us up panting, begging desperately to be let out so Dan stumbled groggily to the back door and watched the dog pee for 5 minutes.

4:30 AM we wake up to the sound of an accident in progress, the first  since he was a puppy 4 years ago! After I stumbled groggily to the back door, he peed for what seemed like 10 minutes.

7am came too soon -- time to get up and let the dog out. I called the vet this morning and they said it was the steroid shot they gave him last week, it takes about 2 weeks to run its course. It somehow seems like he's getting worse. I sure hope he can make it the 3 hours until the dog walker comes.

Image credit: me :)

No comments:

Recent Posts