Monday, May 26, 2008

-- back home, finished The Kite Runner


I'm back home. Spent yesterday flying, finished reading The Kite Runner. What a magnificent, powerful and gripping story, I just could not put it down. The author, Khaled Hosseini, is a physician in Northern California and this is his first novel. Incredible read. I woke up melancholy this morning, all I could think of were the characters, like I stepped inside their lives and that's all there was now. I was reading it on the flight and thought if the plane dropped out of the sky right at that moment, I would have died happy having experienced it.

I found this review on Amazon, this was basically me too:

And someone else said:
"The Kite Runner" is a song in a new key. Hosseini is an exhilaratingly original writer with a gift for irony and a gentle, perceptive heart. His canvas might be a place and time Americans are only beginning to understand, but he paints his art on the page, where it is intimate and poignant." Read the full review -->

No comments:

Recent Posts