Sunday, May 4, 2008

-- my beautiful bird just died. :(

I am distraught. My beautiful yellow bird, my pretty parakeet that I loved so much, just passed away. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face thinking how I will never hear his pretty warbling song ever again. My god. I had him for 10 years and built an entire website around him and my learning experience about parakeets that 20,000 people a month visit and now he's gone. I always meant to put up recordings of his song (people are always looking for that according to my stats), but haven't gotten around to it and now that's all I have left.

Will write more later, I need some quiet time.

Here he is, cupped in my shirt in his last moments. I wish you could have known him, he was such a sweet and gentle parakeet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your lost. I read your posts and can completely understand how much you dearly miss him.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Love has no size or language... we love this way. I LOVE birds--when i walk with my dog in the AM the very first thing i appreciate about life is the sound of the birds--their SONG. I say "imagine the world quiet (!!!) without our birds."

I totally understand. See your bird loved you also... it takes time and cry if you have to; as the days wear on the pain will become less
and if you want you can get another little baby who needs such a kind mommy. love, Ima

Recent Posts