Saturday, May 10, 2008

-- quotes on pet loss

A week ago today, my keet was still alive.
"Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives." ~John Galsworthy

10 years I shared with that little bird. A friend of mine wrote me a very kind email, she said, "You have been very much in my thoughts and heart. I know how very empty and quiet your house must feel right now. Despite the presence of Tycho and the kitty, there is still a parakeet-sized hole in your home and heart..." Her words really touched me. Though it pains me, I wouldn't have traded the experience.

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” ~Norman Cousins

No comments:

Recent Posts