I'm snagging this from a Facebook list I made last night. Some random things about me. You next?
1. Food must be kept separate. I will not sample around the plate; must consume all of one item before beginning another. (One exception: salad.)
2. Sometimes meat skeeves me out (especially chicken). Seafood's ok though.
3. I require complete darkness at bedtime. I'm a vampire. Light seeping in from the window makes me thrash and burn and thus I sleep with a covering over my eyes.
4. That being said, I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime with any amount of noise or ruckus. That's how tired I usually am. Once I slept like a baby on the hard wooden planks of a ship at dawn in street clothes while people mopped around my unconscious form. No, I was not intoxicated, just exhausted. (The thing is, I can FALL asleep easily but won't STAY asleep unless dark.)
5. I do not understand why woks must retain a "patina." That is muck which should be scrubbed off with brillo.
6. I've never smoked a cigarette. Hated others smoking as a kid and this repulsion exists even today.
7. I cannot hold onto a styrofoam cup without giving into the pleasure of sinking my nails into it. Eventually I will end up ripping piece by piece off just to feel it under my nail bed until I finally begin tearing it to shreds.
8. I am generally very congenial and understanding but if you throw up on the outside of my car and have nothing to clean it off with but a single McDonald's napkin, I will make you do it anyway. (Sorry, G.) If you throw up on the inside of my car, I will make you buy it.
9. I've only vomited twice in my life: once around 10, and again around 20, almost two decades ago. Due to inexperience, this is the most revolting thing I can think of and may be why I don't have kids yet. Or why I'll be so mean about #8.
10. I can watch blood being drawn and vaccinations plunged into my skin, surgeries on tv while eating and pop someone's giant boil while enjoying a sundae and it doesn't phase me. Just don't throw up.
11. One of the most comforting sensations in the world to me is falling asleep sprawled out on the backseat of a car during a long car ride. Even thinking about it makes me smile.
12. Peaches make my mouth itch.
13. I hate touching doorknobs.
14. My car is pretty organized. So is my filing cabinet, closets and projects.
15. I have a hard time picking up black stringy lint even when I KNOW it is not a spider.
16. I need time alone the way the parched need water.
17. If the dog horfs on a throw rug, I will just toss it and buy a new one. It is totally worth the money.
18. I love to read. Favorite time to do so: when eating and before bedtime.
19. Even hearing someone throw up makes me sick. If someone is somewhere throwing up and I know about it, I will be ill.
20. I almost never finish all of a meal in one sitting.
21. I took Spanish and French but am much better at the former as I can practice it with friends.
22. I hate swiss cheese. I'm the only person on the planet who probably orders a reuben with american cheese melted on top.
23. I'm a back sleeper.
24. I don't like the taste of water, generally. But force myself to drink it anyway.
25. Hmmm. About 1/5th of this list is dedicated to vomit. This tells you what a huge amount of resources are invested in its avoidance...!
More? In response to the "memememe!" memes going around, I also made another list of 100 things about me, and then 7 more....