Tuesday, April 7, 2009

-- music in other languages

Well, I'm still quite taken with Blip.fm. I love how I'm just hearing all this cool music in other languages that I'd otherwise never know about. Here are a few that recently stood out:

Spanish:

Gracias a la vida, from Violeta Parra


English:
Fields of Gold: remake of Sting's song by Eva Cassidy:


French (this one is blues-ey):
Bill Deraime – Plus la peine de frimer


Portugese (Brazilian musicians):
Cássia Eller e Nando Reis – Relicário


French:
Zazie – La PLuie Et Le Beau Temps


Indian:
Garry Schyman – Praan

3 comments:

deva said...

1. I'm totally gonna download that Spanish song!

2. I've been an Eva Cassidy fan for a long time - she had an AMAAAAZING voice. If you like Fields of Gold, I recommend you also listen to "Blues in the Night" and "Imagine" and "Over the Rainbow". All of her songs are incredible, but these are a few of my favorite covers.

Libby said...

i love eva cassidy. my design prof would play her music during class last year...she had such a beautiful voice!

------------------

btw - i gave you a blog award yesterday!

Rachel said...

I heard about this language on television one day, and since then I've been a little obsessed with it. Since I never knew it existed before, I was amazed. And I'm still amazed after reading about it. I'm guessing that listening to it (or "speaking" it) is sort of like listening to music all the time. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/506284.stm

Recent Posts