Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ugly couch contest: vote! Who wins?

If you follow this blog, you probably know I've been searching the heavens for couches. I was wrong in my last post when I said I was looking for a couch all week. It's really been two weeks. Two weeks of scouring Craigslist for something clean, nice and affordable.

Instead, this is what I've found.

For you, dear reader:

The internet's ugliest couches:

Which couch makes you cringe the most?

First item: a wrought iron couch. What is this, a torture instrument? Sold as is (meaning no cushions) so good luck with that whole comfort thing.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Obviously, this couch designer was inspired by the chunks in their recent stomach flu.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I've seen worse. But they were asking $450 for this?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

TV on the blink? Now your couch can match the snowy, pixellated screen.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This was the couch that inspired this entire entry. I can't decide if it's made from the fabric of a 1980s prom dress or the curtains of an extremely cheap motel.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Someone was selling this? Really? I've seen better couches in the TRASH.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This wouldn't be so bad if you were colorblind.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

All I can say about these couches is no wonder they were selling them.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This one somehow seems incomplete without several pink flamingos.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ouch! Jail couch. My eyes!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I don't even know what to say about this except offer my sympathies to its existence. Just like I don't want to put my ugliest web designs in my portfolio when forced to create something ghastly (like a yellow & red -- I'm not kidding -- site I made in my earlier days), the designer, owner, and future buyer of this couch all get my sincere condolences.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This is someone's grandmother's idea of the perfect stain camoflage pattern. Not even cat vomit would show.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This pattern is better suited to gift-wrap, not a couch!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

At least TRY to fluff the pillows a little better so they don't look so blown out!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I can only imagine some poor design student got an F for this idea.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Couches for the undead.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I like how this one comes with a bottle of Febreze.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This one might be ok if it wasn't missing the rest of its set. They advertised it as a loveseat and were asking $300. $300!!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

LAST ENTRY: the FAIL couch:

Here because although it is a nice-looking couch, it does NOT look very green to me.
Your votes?

5 comments:

Rob C. said...

Dude, I tried the couch search on Craigslist once. Ended up getting a futon at futon.com. Impossible no matter where you are? I think those same couches were for sale in Seattle two years ago!

Fancy Schmancy said...

Holy crap, I have actually seen some of those couches in real life, and have owned at least one of them!

I actually really like the blue and silver prom dress one for like a princess room or something.

geekhiker said...

Wait, you don't see the green? You should get your eyes checked. ;)

bodeloublogs said...

i know im late, but i vote for the wrought iron couch.

im telling you, find a furniture outlet for future furniture purchases. (i see you already got your nice couch) but really, you dont have to worry about the scarey things that may have taken place on your furniture, for half the price. i got my monster couch (which has been called by guests as the greatest couch this side of the mississippi) at a furniture outlet. originally $1200 i got it for $450 including delivery. amazing!

its amazing what people wioll try to sell on craigslist.

Futon Sofa Beds said...

Haha great post there, i would have to say i hate all of them. maybe they mean if you leave it outside for to long it will be green or if you look really hard its green.

Recent Posts