Tuesday, October 27, 2009

art deadline, check. Sleep & other stuff? Not so much.

Why am I up so late? I just finished submitting some art to the online art auction 140 Hours (voted by Mashable as an excellent example of using Twitter for branding). I'm entering these flowers, African violets given to me by my mom, shown here in full bloom.

I took the photo first and then digitally reworked it into a dreamy watercolor:
I'll keep you posted when it appears on their site. I'm also getting ready to launch a photo blog to portray this and other work. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

deva said...

Just beautiful! If I had any money (thank you rent/student loans/high cost of living in nyc) I'd totally bid on the photo. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures - you're a great photographer :)

carissajaded said...

That is beautiful!! I love violets.. pretty much the desktop of any computer I've ever had, and I've had plenty!

Soda and Candy said...

Ooh pretty, I am excited to see your finished work!

geekhiker said...

See, you have the marketing gene that I lack.

I'm kind of jealous of that. :)

Daniel said...

Nobody but me has seen the printed version of that photo, but I assure you that it is better than the digital version. It is printed on canvas and looks like a painting.

Recent Posts