Wednesday, January 6, 2010

6 minutes of wonderment

Oh. my. god. I am sitting here, absolutely stunned by the performance I just saw in this video of Swan Lake.

I was impressed at the frogs but keep watching until you get to the graceful ballerina standing on her tippy toes on her partner's HEAD. Not slipping off his glossy smooth hair or anything. Wow.

6 minutes of wonderment:

http://www.sonnyradio.com/swanlake_0001.swf

If you'd have told me the body could bend this way, I wouldn't have believed you. But there it is, video proof.

5 comments:

Niffer said...

That was impressive! Thanks for sharing!

Libby said...

Shut up! That was unreal!

Surfie said...

Holy smokes!!!! I am totally flabbergasted right now. That was amazing and beautiful. I love ballet, and I would love, love, love to be able to see that performance live! It's like Cirque du Soleil meets ballet. Stunning. I'm glad to see they had a spotter when she was standing on her partner's head in case she fell.

deva said...

HOLY HELL. I think I held my breath the entire 2nd part of that performance. Not only is that woman out of control flexible, her partner must have a crazy hard head... Nonetheless, that's the most amazing thing I've seen in a very long time.

geekhiker said...

That's. Insane.

And, hey now, don't forget to give credit to the guy holding her up!

Recent Posts