Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowmaggedon, part 2: the aftermath

Tycho gazes down the street.

These people are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Snowmaggedon: the aftermath. It took two of us 8 hours to clear a narrow lane from the front porch to the cars. This is the second time in my entire life that I've ever had to shovel my car to clear it of snow. (The first time was in December's snowmaggedon of, pssht, 16 inches.)

The narrow icy path to the front door. Welcome!

26 inches, on average... but many drifts were higher than that.

Did I mention another storm is coming tomorrow? They're expecting 10-20 inches and windy blizzardy conditions. Wow! Anyone want to move to DC?

9 comments:

Suburban Sweetheart said...

OH MY GOD, WE'RE NEVER GONNA ESCAPE THIS. My street still isn't plowed...

Camille said...

I'd just love to get a few inches (enough to cancel classes for a few days at least) down here in way too cold yet dry Alabama! I'm not sure I could handle quite that much though.

Jenna said...

Anybody have a sled?

June said...

HOLY SHIT!

geekhiker said...

L.A. shuts down when it rains. I would love to see the reaction if it snowed here...

That shot of Tycho is awesome!

Pixels and Media said...

gyahhhhhh! I don't think I could take that much snow :( Your dog is adorable. What kind of dog is that?

Andy said...

I'm a couple hours north of you, and we're getting hit about the same. I couldn't even make it to work today. I haven't seen snow like this in years!

Mirella McCracken said...

I don't know if you are back or not, but I think you are going to have more shoveling to do this time:) more body pump. LOL LOL LOL LOL.

mirella McCracken said...

Holly it likes good. You know that you can play with it and put it anywhere, top, bottom, right, left.
I am gonna retweet it now:)
Bravo Russo!

Recent Posts